Community Alternatives Unlimited
Community Alternatives Unlimited (CAU) provides a wide range of services for people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as programs to help economically challenged families with health and wellness during pregnancy and birth.
CAU provides residents of the city of Chicago (north side), several northern suburbs and Lake County with services and programs that include:
- Interview for Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS)
- Pre-Admission Screening (PAS) and determinations for eligibility for services
- Individual services and supports
- Connecting new mothers to appropriate medical care, eligible public benefits, support services and community resources
- Information and referral regarding prenatal care, checkups and immunizations, breastfeeding, infant development, family planning and parenting