How We Help
How exactly we help you and your child depends on your specific preferences and needs, but Care Coordination is always at the heart of how we help.
As soon as you have contacted us and are in our system, we assign your family a Care Coordinator—a Specialized Care for Children staff person, who is a nurse, social worker, speech pathologist or audiologist, and who draws on the knowledge and expertise of our entire network and 80-year history. Your Care Coordinator, along with a Program Coordinator Assistant, will be based in the Specialized Care for Children office that covers your geographic region.
Your Care Coordinator is your main point of contact at Specialized Care for Children, answering your questions and leading the team that’s dedicated to meeting your child’s medical, social, behavioral, educational and financial needs. As needed, your Care Coordinator will include your child’s doctors and teachers in the conversations and plans, to ensure everyone is working together.
Our vision is to put you and your family at the center of a seamless support system that improves the quality of your lives.
How Care Coordination can help your child
- Diagnostic tests are provided, allowing you to quickly find out if your child has an eligible medical condition.
- Specialized care providers are available from our pool of experts, according to your child’s medical needs and where your family lives.
- Insurance questions are answered as our experts help you navigate and get the most out of your specific plan.
- Resources & information are shared with you whenever you need help finding a service we don’t directly provide.
- Care coordination plans are person-centered and focus on your needs, strengths, dreams and desires for your child and family.
- Communication with your child’s providers, school, and other groups or individuals is provided, while your own advocacy skills are sharpened.
- Transition support helps you prepare for and manage the changes your child will go through as she or he ages.
- Financial support is offered to families who qualify, for a variety of needs, from care-related travel expenses to medical equipment.