Interested in joining our team of qualified professionals?
Types of positions
As a part of the State Universities Civil Service System, the Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) employs a variety of positions at offices located throughout Illinois. Types of positions include:
- Social Workers
- Speech and Hearing Consultants
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Service Personnel
- Clerical Personnel
- Business/Accounting Personnel
- Information Technology Personnel
To view current openings, visit our Join Our Team page.
In addition to helping families of children with special healthcare needs, DSCC offers a competitive benefits package. University of Illinois employees receive a variety of state of Illinois benefits as well as University-specific benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Civil union partner health insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- University retirement plans
- Employee assistance programs
- Recreation and wellness programs
- Tuition waivers
- Paid time off (beginning at 12 days per year for hourly staff and 25 days per year for salaried staff)
- Paid sick time (12 days per year)
- Various discounts from participating partners
For specific information on benefits, please see the University of Illinois Employee Benefits webpage.