Interested in joining our team of qualified professionals?
Types of positions
As a part of the State Universities Civil Service System, Specialized Care for Children employs a variety of positions at offices located throughout the State of Illinois. Types of positions include:
- Social Workers
- Speech and Hearing Consultants
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Service Personnel
- Clerical Personnel
- Business/Accounting Personnel
- Information Technology Personnel
To view current openings, visit our “Join Our Team” page.
In addition to helping families of children with special healthcare needs, the Division of Specialized Care for Children offers a competitive benefits package. University of Illinois employees receive a variety of State of Illinois benefits as well as University-specific benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- health, dental, vision and life insurance
- civil union partner health insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- University retirement plans
- employee assistance programs
- recreation and wellness programs
- tuition waivers
- paid time off (beginning at 12 days per year for hourly staff and 25 days per year for salaried staff)
- paid sick time (12 days per year)
- various discounts from participating partners
For specific information on benefits refer to the University of Illinois Employee Benefits webpage.