Interested in joining our team of qualified professionals?
Types of positions
As a part of the State Universities Civil Service System, Specialized Care for Children employs a variety of positions at offices located throughout the State of Illinois. Types of positions include:
- Social Workers
- Speech and Hearing Consultants
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Service Personnel
- Clerical Personnel
- Business/Accounting Personnel
- Information Technology Personnel
To view current openings, visit our Career Search.
In addition to helping families of children with special health care needs, Specialized Care for Children offers a competitive benefits package. University of Illinois employees receive a variety of State of Illinois benefits, as well as University-specific benefits. Some of those benefits include
- health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- civil union partner health insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- University retirement plans
- employee assistance programs
- recreation and wellness programs
- tuition waivers
- paid time off (beginning at 12 days per year for hourly staff and 25 days per year for salaried staff)
- paid sick time (12 days per year)
- various discounts from participating partners
For specific information on benefits refer to the University of Illinois Employee Benefits webpage.