Training Supervisor Wins DSCC’s Merit Award
Tiffany Kalka honored for outstanding service to children with special healthcare needs.
Tiffany Kalka is the 2020 recipient of the Award of Merit from the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC).
The award recognizes exceptional employees for outstanding dedication and service to children with special healthcare needs.
Tiffany is DSCC’s Training Supervisor and based in our Springfield Office.
She works with staff across the state to make sure they have the knowledge, tools and support necessary to provide the best service possible for children and families in our program. Tiffany wears many hats, coordinating training events and learning requirements for staff and their related technology needs.
DSCC moved to a new electronic care coordination system last spring. This new system helps our care coordination teams work more efficiently and effectively as they partner with families. Tiffany helped spearhead the system’s planning, implementation and ongoing support for employees.
She took on this huge volume of work while also fulfilling her training responsibilities with exceptional dedication and quality.
“Tiffany’s talent and knowledge have helped us develop our care coordination system that better meets our participants and staff’s needs,” said DSCC Executive Director Thomas Jerkovitz. “Tiffany’s efforts have empowered our staff to be better champions for the children and families we serve.”
Tiffany joined DSCC 19 years ago. She says she is honored and grateful to be nominated and selected for this award.
“The most rewarding part of my job is being able to help my peers navigate our electronic care coordination system,” she said. “By helping them, I know that I am helping the families DSCC serves.”
DSCC staff nominated a total of 10 of their colleagues for this year’s Award of Merit. As the winner, Kalka receives an Award of Merit memento, a $2,000 award and recognition from the Executive Director.
The other 2020 nominees are
- Carla Jo “CJ” Chandler, IT Technical Associate, Central Administrative Office in Springfield
- Darcy Contri, Program Transition Specialist, Central Administrative Office in Springfield
- Kimberley Firkins, Program Coordinator Assistant, Lombard Regional Office
- Connie Harriss, Program Coordinator Assistant, Olney Regional Office
- Tami Peleckis, Customer Service Assistant, Mokena Regional Office
- Summer Puckett, Care Coordinator, Champaign Regional Office
- Jamie Renth, Manager of Home Care Region 3, St. Clair Regional Office
- Gabrielle “Gab” Schmitt, Home Care Enrollment Manager, Champaign Regional Office
- Amanda Simhauser, Communications Manager, Central Administrative Office in Springfield
Congratulations, Tiffany! And a big thank you to all the nominees for their excellence on behalf of our children and families!