- Icon indicates condition covered by Specialized Care for Children
CaringInfo provides free advance directives and instructions for each state that can be opened as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file.
Advice for Parents Experiencing Stress Over COVID-19
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises parents facing stressors over COVID-19 to practice self-care, to reach out to others for help, and to use healthy discipline techniques, such as time-outs.
Advice on Returning to School in “New Normal” Times
The Child Neurology Foundation and the American Academy of Pediatrics have joined forces with medical and educational experts to create a Back-to-School Educational Series.
The series covers issues including:
- When a child should return to school
- Medications in school
- Holding an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in the “new normal” COVID-19 era
- Additional resources to inform decision-making for families of children with special needs
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more. It replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
Eligible households receive:
- Up to $30 per month discount for internet service, including associated equipment rentals such as a modem
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- Low-cost service plans may be fully covered through the ACP*
ACP is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. The FCC provides a list of frequently asked questions and enrollment information for families. An ACP Outreach Toolkit is also available for consumers and program partners.
Amazing Educational Resources Group
Amazing Educational Resources‘ primary goal is to offer free access to the best educational resources to all parents, teachers and students for the foreseeable future.
Ameren Illinois Economic Hardship Recovery Program
Ameren Illinois’ Economic Hardship Recovery Program provides information on various energy assistance programs, payment options and tips on lowering your utility bill.
This step-by-step resource includes information on:
- Assistance paying your energy bills, applying for financial assistance and eligibility guidelines
- Exploring payment options
- Tips for lowering future energy bills and energy efficiency programs
Click here for a list of assistance programs statewide, including Warm Neighbors Cool Friends (WNCF), a program designed to help moderate-income seniors and families who have temporarily experienced a hardship but may not meet the guidelines of government programs.
For more information, contact Ameren Illinois at (800) 755-5000 (residential customers) or (800) 232-2477 (business customers).
American Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center
In order to provide support to families and communities who have suffered the loss of loved ones, the American Red Cross has developed a Virtual Family Assistance Center (VFAC) as a hub for resources and contact with its partners.
American Rescue Plan Expanded Child Tax Credit
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has information for families on the American Rescue Plan expanded Child Tax Credit. With recent changes, families can qualify for more money and can receive payments monthly instead of having to wait until the end of the year. Payments will automatically arrive starting on July 15 for most families. Some families may need to take action to receive the benefit.
AAP offers a flyer in English and Spanish that explains:
- The credit
- Who is eligible
- The next step that parents may need to take
Click here for the flyer in English. Click here for the Spanish version.
American Sign Language: Basic Lessons
The Chicago Park District’s Sarah Faber, Program and Event Coordinator for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing, and Timothy Owens, Special Recreation Coordinator, provide weekly American Sign Language lessons on the park district’s YouTube channel.
An Introduction to Health Care through Telemedicine
The Midwest Genetics Network created these videos specifically for patients and their families to increase their awareness of the benefits of seeing a health care provider using telemedicine.