NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program
Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Black Hawk College, 6600 34th Avenue, Moline
For families and friends of individuals with mental illness.
Learn about major depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and borderline personality disorder.This 12 week course is taught by trained family members who chose to teach the course after taking it themselves. Many attendees said they gained information, insight, understanding, and empowerment from attending this program. All course materials are provided at no cost.
The course covers several topics including:
- Family response to trauma
- Diagnosis & dealing with critical periods
- The biology of the brain; emerging scientific discoveries
- Problem solving workshop
- Medication review
- Understanding the inner experience of living with mental illness
- Communications skills workshop
- Rehabilitation; services available
- Advocacy: fighting stigma
- Celebration & certification ceremony
To register, call (309) 796-8223. Registration ends March 4, 2015.