2024 LIHEAP Program Taking Applications in Illinois
Friday, December 1, 2023, All Day
LIHEAP helps income-eligible households pay their natural gas, propane and/or electric bills. LIHEAP can also provide help if a furnace quits working.
- A senior (age 60 and older)
- An individual with a disability
- Children younger than 6 years old
- Nov. 1 – Disconnected households
- Dec. 1 – All other income-eligible households
You can also call 211 to find agencies in your area that are taking LIHEAP applications.
LIHEAP provides help on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to apply is Aug. 15, 2024.
Please visit DCEO’s website for more information and application deadlines.