Planning for the Future Seminars Scheduled in Northern Illinois
Four opportunities to learn about government benefits and programs, special needs estate planning, guardianship and more.
The Arc of Illinois is presenting the “Planning for the Future for Children and Adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities” seminar at four different locations throughout northern Illinois.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about:
- Government benefits and programs in Illinois for children and adults with special needs and how to navigate the “maze”
- Appropriate special needs estate planning that is necessary to qualify for, and in order not to lose, government benefits
- Guardianship and alternatives
- Guidance on preparing instructions and thoughts for future care providers
- Brian Rubin, an attorney and parent
- Sherri Scneider, a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) and parent
- Benjamin Rubin, an attorney and sibling
The seminar is scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- Sept. 20 – Rock Island
- Oct. 10 – Northbrook
- Nov. 22 – Aurora
- May 13 – Joliet
Continuing education units are available.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call (815) 464-1832.