New Transition Resource for Deaf or Hard of Hearing Teens
Online learning tools for parents and their transition age teens who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The transition from high school to the workforce or postsecondary education can be difficult to understand and navigate. Hands & Voices has announced the release of its online learning tool specifically for parents and their transition-age teens who are deaf or hard of hearing to support them as they begin this new journey.
Topics covered include:
- Laws and Key Information Parents Need to Know about the Transition Process
- From Parent Advocacy to Student Advocacy
- Technology Transitions
- The Parenting Aspects of Transition
- Strategies to Assist with the Process of Transition
Goals of the learning module are:
- To have a resource for parents and their transition-age teens that will support their exploration of life after high school.
- Parents will report knowledge and confidence in understanding postsecondary transition.
- Transition-age teens will report feeling more knowledgeable and prepared for the transition process.
- Parents and their transition-age children.
- Teachers and support staff working with transition age students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
For more information and to register, click here.
Click here to read an interview with Lisa Kovcas about the transition tool.