Free Developmental Milestone Tracker Available for Families
New app helps parents track their child’s development in a fun and easy way.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is pleased to announce the launch of CDC’s Milestone Tracker, a free app for tracking every child’s development in a fun and easy way. This app is one of a variety of free, family-friendly materials available through CDC’s Learn the Signs. Act Early. program.
“Skills like taking a first step, saying those first words, and waving ‘bye-bye’ are developmental milestones all parents anticipate and celebrate,” said CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald, M.D. “This CDC Milestone Tracker app gives parents tips to help their child learn and grow, a way to track developmental milestones, recognize delays, and the ability to share this information with their healthcare provider.”
The new app offers:
- Interactive milestone checklists for children ages 2 months through 5 years, illustrated with photos and videos
- Tips and activities to help children learn and grow
- Information on when to act early and talk with a doctor about developmental delays
- A personalized milestone summary that can be easily shared with the doctor and other care providers
- Reminders for appointments and developmental screening
Learn more and get information on downloading the app at CDC’s Milestone Tracker website. The app is available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Although it is packed with parent-friendly features, healthcare providers can also use the app to help with developmental surveillance as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Early care and education providers can use it to better understand their students’ skills and abilities and to engage families in monitoring developmental progress.