Webinar – “Welcome to the Autistic Community!”
Learn from experts and advocates in the autism and intellectual and developmental disabilities field.
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s Institute on Disability and Human Development (IDHD) is hosting this free webinar on “Welcome to the Autistic Community!”
It is scheduled for 12 p.m. Nov. 11.
This presentation will:
- Introduce autistic people and non-autistic allies to the autistic community
- Detail the history and inception of the autistic community
- Explore current in-person and online community engagement
Attendees will learn about the benefits of participating in the autistic community and autistic space and will gain resources to join and create their own community spaces.
The webinar is free to attend. Continuing education units are available.
The learning objectives are:
- Understand the history of the autistic community
- Identify the benefits of the autistic community for autistic people
- Gain skills and resources to promote autistic community spaces
For more details and to sign up, visit the webinar registration page.