Webinar – “Understanding Inclusion”
Thursday, October 20, 2022, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
A free webinar series for families with young children with disabilities or developmental delays on understanding inclusion and how important inclusion can be in the life of a young child.
The Early Choices Inclusive Education Series for Families kicks off with “Understanding Inclusion” via Zoom on Oct. 20 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Using the Understanding Inclusion Modules created by Early CHOICES and The Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) as a framework, each session will include a topic guide, a guest speaker and resources for attendees to reflect on and apply what has been learned in a way that works best for your family.
“Understanding Inclusion” is the first segment in the series and will focus on:
- Defining inclusion
- Discussing inclusion benefits for children with and without disabilities, their families and communities
- Identifying how important inclusion can be in the life of a young child
A special guest self-advocate will share their perspective and experience with inclusion.
Whether you attend all or a few, this series will support you on your journey of inclusion and provide resources to support your child.
See the series flyer for more detials.
For more information, contact Amy Bain at (630) 991-7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The remaining Inclusive Education Family Series dates and topics are:
- Nov. 10 – “Building Relationships”
- Jan. 19 – “Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) & Inclusive Practices
- Feb. 16 – “Benefits of Inclusion”
- March 16 – “Inclusive Settings and Goal Writing”
- April 20 – “Implementing Inclusion and Next Steps”