Webinar – “The Evaluation Process: What Parents Need to Know to Get Started”
This lunchtime webinar will help parents understand the evaluation process, one of the first phases of obtaining an IEP for your child.
The Family Resource Center on Disabilities (FRCD) is hosting this Lunch and Learn Webinar on July 21 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Is your child struggling in school? Do you suspect your child may need special education services, but you don’t know how to get started? This webinar will help you sort through the process and help plan your next steps.
The evaluation is one of the first phases of obtaining an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for your child. This webinar will cover:
- The purposes of evaluations
- How and when to request an evaluation
- The parents’/guardians’ role in the evaluation process
- Your child’s rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
Visit the FRCD website to register for this webinar.