Webinar: “Student-Led IEPs: How to Include Your Child in Their IEP Meetings Part 1”
Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 12:00 pm
Free webinar on the benefits of student participation in their IEP meetings.
Research shows that student participation in their individualized education program (IEP) meetings is invaluable. It is so important that legally students must be invited to their IEP meetings once the team starts discussing transition services.
Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center is hosting a two-part webinar on “Student-Led IEPs: How to Include Your Child in Their IEP Meetings.” Part 1 is scheduled for 12 p.m. April 21.
In Part 1, you will learn:
- The benefits of student participation in IEP meetings
- How to help students understand their IEPs and their educational rights
- Preparing for the IEP meeting
Register online to attend.
Part 2 of the webinar is scheduled for 12 p.m. April 28. It will cover:
- Information about transition
- Ways in which your child can participate
- What to do if your child does not communicate verbally
- Person-centered planning
Visit the Part 2 registration page to sign up.