Webinar Series on Self-Advocacy: “Starting a Self-Advocacy Group”
Thursday, July 20, 2023, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
A free seven-week webinar series on self-advocacy for individuals with disabilities and their families
Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center is hosting a “Seven Ways to Promote Self-Advocacy Series.” The next session is “Starting a Self-Advocacy Group” on July 20 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This seven-week series will feature parent and youth advocates as speakers. Youth can listen and interact with the youth advocate presenters while the adults will listen to the parent speakers.
Each presentation will be 30 minutes with a 15-minute question-and-answer portion. All sessions will be from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Here is the full series schedule:
- July 13 – Knowing Yourself
- July 20 – Starting A Self-Advocacy Group
- Aug. 3 – Rules, Rights and Responsibilities
- Aug. 10 – Self-Advocacy and Self-Determination
- Aug. 17 – Being a Part of the Community
- Aug. 24 – Communication and Assertiveness
Visit the series registration page to sign up. Please fill out a separate registration for you and your child.
Call Family Matters Parent Traning and Information Center for more details at (866) 436-7842.