Webinar – “Reducing Stress Through Improving Family Communication”
Friday, April 1, 2022, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
A free webinar for families focusing on reducing stress and improving family communication
Join Family Matters Parent Training & Information Center for “Reducing Stress Through Improving Family Communication” on April 1 from 12 – 1:30 p.m.
Daily life is filled with situations and events that can cause stress. Improving family communication can help prevent and/or reduce over-reactions, meltdowns and angry outbursts.
This webinar will cover strategies that can be used to remain calm and in a more positive mood even when stressful events occur.
Presenter Barbara Doyle is a nationally known author, teacher, trainer, keynote presenter and consultant whose focus has centered on children and adults with a wide range of developmental and intellectual disabilities. She will help participants understand and apply various communication strategies that will:
- Provide a model for the children and adults around us
- Encourage learning together
- Improve life for everyone in the household
Participants will learn how to:
- Use simple printed words to improve family communication and social interactions
- Use simple statements such as, “I feel…” and “I need…”
- Identify your internal state and improve self-regulation
- Provide help to others in a way that teaches them lifelong, needed skills
In addition to extensive work with schools, families, universities, the child welfare system and other service providers and agencies, Doyle is also a family member of eight people with disabilities.