Webinar: “Positive Parenting: A Protective Factor for Child Abuse and Neglect”
Thursday, April 30, 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Free webinar for both professionals and families in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month.
The Illinois Partnership for Safety is hosting a free webinar in observation of Child Abuse Prevention Month. “Positive Parenting: A Protective Factor for Child Abuse and Neglect” is scheduled for 2 to 3 p.m. April 30.
The webinar’s objectives are:
- Highlight positive parenting strategies, such as TripleP, as a protective factor for child abuse and neglect
- Learn about statewide efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Learn how COVID-19 has impacted child abuse/neglect reports
The presenters are:
- Dr. Marjorie Fujara, Acting Chair, Division of Child Family Wellness, Department of Pediatrics, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and Acting Medical Director, Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center, Cook County Health
- Margo Chávez-Easley, Child and Family Wellness Social Worker, Parenting ACE, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County
- Kristin Kaufman, Home Visiting Specialist, Prevent Child Abuse Illinois
- Jennifer Martin, Injury and Violence Prevention Project Manager, Illinois Department of Public Health
The presentation is intended for professionals but parents may also find the information useful.
No registration is required.
Click on the webinar link at 2 p.m April 30 to join the meeting.
For more information, contact Jennifer.L.Martin@illinois.gov or call (217) 558-4081.
Additional meeting details are below:
Meeting number (access code): 807 628 211
Host key: 217091
Meeting password: PKvq5Kxss33