Webinar: “Navigating the Transition Plan: Special Education Rights Webinar”
Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
A free webinar for parents, caregivers of and young adults with a disability to better understand the Illinois education system and important steps to prepare for the transition to adulthood
Join the Family Resource Center on Disabilities (FRCD) for this Zoom webinar “Navigating the Transition Plan: Special Education Rights” on Dec. 4 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Preparing to transition to adulthood can be a daunting task. This webinar focuses on the initial steps of the transition process in the Illinois special education system from an academic perspective.
Topics will include:
- Issues relating to transitioning from school to adult life/post-secondary education
- Defining transition plans and their components
- Developing goals as part of the IEP process
- Understanding transition services
- Tips for parents preparing their child for adulthood
Parents and young adults will become knowledgeable regarding resources in the community in order to build linkages and ensure a dignified life as a part of the community.