Webinar – “For Those Who Fly with Service Animals, New Rules Mean Big Changes”
Free lunchtime webinar on the new rules applying to service animals
The Illinois Life Span Program of The Arc of Illinois is hosting a lunchtime webinar on “For Those Who Fly with Service Animals, New Rules Mean Big Changes.”
The presentation is at 12 p.m. on April 13.
Melanie Brunson, Chair of the Advocacy Committee for Guide Dog Users, Inc., is the presenter.
Participants will learn about:
- The new definition of the term “service animal,” which is now limited to dogs only
- Psychiatric service animals are now considered service animals and can travel with their handler on an airplane
- New rules for passengers traveling with emotional support animals
- New rules that allow airlines to require passengers traveling with service animals to provide information about their animal’s health and training before they can fly
- Other changes you may want to know about before you decide to travel again by air
Sign up online to attend this free presentation on Zoom.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.