Webinar – “Evaluation: What Parents Need to Know to Get Started”
Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A free, lunchtime webinar to help parents understand the evaluation process and its role in obtaining an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for your child
The Family Resource Center on Disabilities (FRCD) Lunch and Learn Webinar series will feature “Evaluation: What Parents Need to Know to Get Started” on May 12 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Is your child struggling in school?
Do you suspect your child may need special education services, but you don’t know how to get started?
This webinar will help you sort through the process and help plan your next steps. The evaluation is one of the first phases of obtaining an IEP for your child.
This webinar will discuss:
- The purposes of evaluations
- How and when to request an evaluation
- The parents’/guardians’ role in the evaluation process
- Your child’s rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)