Webinar – “Evaluation: What Parents Need to Know to Get Started”
A free, lunchtime webinar to help parents understand the evaluation process and its role in obtaining an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for your child
The Family Resource Center on Disabilities (FRCD) Lunch and Learn Webinar series will feature “Evaluation: What Parents Need to Know to Get Started” on July 12 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Is your child struggling in school?
Are you wondering if your child needs special education services but don’t know how to get started?
This webinar will help you sort through the evaluation process and plan your next steps. The evaluation is one of the first phases of obtaining an IEP for your child.
This webinar will discuss:
- The purposes of evaluations
- How and when to request an evaluation
- The parents’/guardians’ role in the evaluation process
- Your child’s rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)