Webinar – “Discover the Resources and Programs of Illinois’ University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities”
A webinar for anyone who wants to learn about the array of academic, clinical, research and technical assistance programs focused on reducing barriers for people with disabilities at the Institute on Disability and Human Development, University of Illinois Chicago
Join this The Arc of Illinois Life Span Program Lunchtime Webinar “Discover the Resources and Programs of Illinois’ University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities” on Dec. 14 from 12 – 1 p.m.
The Institute on Disability and Human Development, University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), has an array of academic, clinical, research and technical assistance programs focusing on reducing barriers for people with disabilities.
Presenter Dr. Tamar Heller, Ph.D., will provide information about several new and existing programs, including:
- The Co-Op Career Experience for Students with Intellectual Disabilities
- Disability Legal Studies certificates
- LEND (Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities)
She will also cover these programs and resources and how to access them:
- The Assistive Technology Unit
- The Family Clinic and new Cognitive, Behavior and Mindfulness Clinic
- Research on health, aging, community inclusion, employment, and disability arts and culture
- Technical assistance and community service through the Great Lakes ADA Center
- Peer support groups
Dr. Heller is the Head of UIC’s Department of Disability and Human Development and director of its University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities for the state of Illinois.
She has active projects on family support and health promotion interventions for individuals with disabilities and has presented at numerous major conferences on family support interventions and policies, self-determination, health promotion and aging of people with disabilities.
Register for this Zoom webinar at The Arc of Illinois Life Span website.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.