Hands & Voices Family Leadership in Language and Learning (FL3) is hosting “Creating Authentic Partnerships: Parents and Professionals” on Aug. 12 from 12 – 1 p.m. The session is part of their Leadership Webinar Series and features presenters:
- Heidi Klomhaus, Executive Director and Guide By Your Side Coordinator of Arizona Hands & Voices
- Lylis Olsen, pediatric audiologist and program manager for HEAR for Kids
When parents and professionals view one another as equal partners, an authentic partnership can develop through true collaboration. This is beneficial for everyone involved and can result in some amazing outcomes that would not be possible alone.
Collaboration requires respect, trust and a consistent and mindful effort to communicate. This results in opportunities for improving programs and systems together.
Heidi and Lylis will discuss how Arizona Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) has evolved and:
- How parent partnerships are viewed
- The level of parent leader involvement
- How parents moved from a seat at the table to leading at the head of the table
These are important elements of partnership in the co-production of services that are designed to meet the unique needs of families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing from the diverse and cultural populations in any state or territory.
Sign up online to register for this webinar. Live captioning services and American Sign Language interpreters will be provided.
For questions about this webinar, contact Mandy Jay.