Webinar – COVID-19 Vaccination for Your Child With a Disability Ages 12 –18
Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A free webinar for parents of children with disabilities ages 12-18 covering questions about COVID-19 vaccination
Do you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine for your child with a disability ages 12 – 18?
Join the Arc of Illinois Family to Family Health Information Center (F2F HIC) for this question-and-answer session via Zoom on Nov. 3 from 12 – 1 p.m.
Dr. Kruti Acharya, an MD and Director of Illinois Leadership in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND), will cover a wide variety of topics concerning COVID –19 vaccination and its importance for children with disabilities ages 12-18. Parents will learn about:
- What data tells us about vaccine safety and efficacy for this population
- Where to find vaccinations
Dr. Acharya will also cover:
- Strategies to make vaccination and mask-wearing more comfortable
- What youth need to know about staying safe after vaccination
- How to know when a booster shot may be needed
Captioning for the presentation will be available in English and Spanish.
For more information, contact F2F HIC Director Mary Dixon at (815) 464-1832, ext. 1017, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first 40 eligible participants will receive a $25 Walmart gift card to offset internet connectivity costs.