Webinar – “Centers for Independent Living Services and Supports”
Friday, March 11, 2022, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
A free educational outreach event for families, educators and service providers about the services available to families and adults with developmental disabilities through the Centers for Independent Living
Connect to Community‘s Virtual Friday Forum will feature the services offered by Centers for Independent Living (CILs) on March 11 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Participants will learn about transition planning, the history and philosophy of CILs, and where to access these services in your region of Illinois with presenters:
- John S. Herring, Sr., Illinois Network of Centers for Independent Living (INCIL) Executive Director
- Shelly Richardson, The Statewide Independent Living Council of Illinois (SILC) Executive Director
- Gary Arnold, Progress Center for Independent Living (PCIL) Program Manager
The 22 CILs in Illinois are supported by the Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) and the Illinois Network of CILs (INCIL).
CILs serve all people for free regardless of their disability type. They are community-based, non-residential, non-profit organizations that provide a variety of services for people with disabilities, including:
- Employment and transition support
- Personal assistant training
- Information and referral resources
A Zoom link for the presentation will be sent out a day before the event using the email address that you supply. If you do not receive the link, please email us at ConnectToCommunityInc@gmail.com.