Webinar – “Beyond The Numbers: Talking To Your Loved Ones About Mental Health”
Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A free webinar focusing on how Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) can approach conversations about mental health, remove cultural barriers and support someone who is living with a mental health condition
In honor of BIPOC Mental Health Month (also known as National Minority Mental Health Month), Mental Health America is hosting “Beyond The Numbers: Talking To Your Loved Ones About Mental Health” on July 6 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Asking for help and talking to your loved ones about your mental health are important. But, it can be difficult to know how to start or facilitate these conversations.
This panel-style webinar will discuss how BIPOC individuals can navigate conversations with their loved ones about their mental health given the stigma, cultural factors, shame, language barriers or personal beliefs that they may face.
Participants will hear from speakers:
- Dennis Tran, director of partnerships at the Asian Americans with Disabilities Initiative
- Dior Vargas, MS, MPH, an award-winning mental health activist
- Israa Nasir, MHC-LP, a psychotherapist, speaker and founder of the digital mental health brand WellGuide
The webinar will provide insight and skills on how to approach conversations about mental health. The panel will also help participants explore:
- Learning from the lived experiences and expertise of others on how they navigate difficult or new conversations with loved ones
- How to best support someone who is living with a mental health condition
- How to remove barriers and use culture as an advantage when talking about and healing our mental health
Sign up online to attend.