Webinar – “Annual State Testing of Students: Does Your Child Need an Alternate Assessment?”
Free webinar for parents and families about alternate assessment in Illinois.
Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center is hosting a free webinar for parents and families to gain information to determine if your student needs an alternate assessment.
The presentation is scheduled for 11 a.m. Dec. 8.
The webinar will cover:
- What alternate assessment is and what it looks like in Illinois
- Who does and does not qualify for alternate assessment and why
- The 1 percent Cap Rule in the Every Student Succeeds Act
- How alternate assessment relates to the Illinois Learning Standards
- How to talk to individualized education program (IEP) teams about the alternate assessment
- Where to go for resources and information
Presenter: Amy Deegan is the Principal Consultant for Low Incidence Populations in the Special Education Department of the Illinois State Board of Education. In addition to low incidence populations, Amy also works with alternate assessment, assistive technology grants, the Educational Surrogate Parent program and various advisory groups. Amy’s background is as a school social worker for deaf and hard of hearing programs and a licensed clinical social worker.