Webinar – “Addressing Health Equity and Impact of Racism on Child and Adolescent Health: What Can Be Done?”
A free webinar providing educational tools and resources on addressing health equity and the impact of racism on child and adolescent health
Join The Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (ICAAP) for “Addressing Health Equity and Impact of Racism on Child and Adolescent Health: What Can Be Done?” on March 25 from 12 – 1 p.m.
ICAAP’s Adolescent Health Education Initiative webinar series focuses on supporting providers and health care professionals in:
- Increasing adolescent well-care visits
- Sharing practical tools
- Providing resources for caring for adolescents and addressing their families’ concerns
This session will explain racism and its impacts on racial inequities in care and help participants:
- Provide guidance on addressing the effects of racism on children and adolescents
- Understand Social Determinants of Health Impact on health outcomes
- Discuss promoting equity and reducing disparities
- Recommend resources for providers and families
More information and recordings of past Adolescent Health Education Initiative webinars are available here.