Virtual Webinar Series – “Planning for the Future for Children and Adults With Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities”
Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
A half-day presentation for families and professionals focused on government benefits and special needs estate and future planning.
The Arc of Illinois is hosting a virtual webinar series on “Planning for the Future for Children and Adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities.”
The first event in the series is scheduled for Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The schedule is:
- 9 – 10:45 a.m. – “Government Benefits” presented by Sherri Schneider
The who, what, where, when, why and how of Government Benefits, including SSI, SSDI, Medicaid and Medicare
- 10:45 – 11 a.m. Break
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – “Special Needs Estate & Future Planning” presented by Brian Rubin & Benjamin Rubin
The who, what, where, when, why and how of:
- Special Needs Estate Planning including: types of and appropriate uses of Special Needs Trusts, Gifting by Grandparents and extended family members, the impact of divorce and child support on government benefits, determining the appropriate amount to leave
- Children’s Waiver for children under 18
- Guardianships and Alternatives
- Planning for when school years are over, when the bus stops coming and navigating the maze of Adult Services (Adult Waiver, In-Home, Residential, Supported Employment, Sheltered Employment, Developmental Training)
- The impact of the Ligas Class Action Law Suit and Affordable Care Act
- The “ABLE” Account
- Providing guidance, education and information for the “Future Team”
- The “sibling” perspective
Visit The Arc of Illinois website to sign up and see the full schedule for the webinar series.
The cost is $40 for a parent or family member and $55 for a professional.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call (815) 464-1832.