Virtual Pre-Employment Transition Week for College-Bound Students Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Sunday, June 19, 2022 - Thursday, June 23, 2022, All Day
A free, one-week program for college-bound students who are deaf and hard of hearing to gain experience and explore their career interests in science, technology, engineering and math fields
The National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) is hosting a free week-long virtual program for students ages 14 to 19 from June 19 to 23.
Illinois Pre-Employment Transition Services (PRE-ETS) Week provides opportunities for deaf and hard-of-hearing college-bound students from the state of Illinois to gain experience and explore their career interests in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. Student activities will include:
- Getting hands-on experience in technology and specialized skills
- Joining fun evening activities and making new friends from all over the state
- Learning more about computers in a programming workshop
- Participating in unique and interesting engineering challenges using a free robotics kit
- Investigating a mock crime scene with a free crime scene kit
Career counselors will also work with students in group settings to help them determine:
- Their interests in careers, specifically STEM careers
- Develop decision-making skills
- Build confidence and develop leadership skills
This program is available at no cost to all eligible deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Illinois.
See the event flyer for more details.
The Pre-Employment Transition Service is supported by the Illinois Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services.