Virtual Individuals with IDD and Mental Health Conference “Supporting Mental Wellness”
Tuesday, November 14, 2023 - Wednesday, November 15, 2023, All Day
A virtual conference focusing on individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) and mental health
The Arc of Illinois’ Individuals with IDD and Mental Health Conference is on Nov. 14 and 15. The conference will be from:
- 11 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. on Nov. 14
- 1 p.m. to to 4:15 p.m. on Nov. 15
The conference will focus on individuals with IDD and co-occurring mental or behavioral health disabilities (dual diagnosis). “Supporting Mental Wellness” is this year’s theme.
Presenters will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Unique sources of trauma in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities
- How characteristics of disability and the symptoms of trauma overlap
- The power of culture and inclusion
- Suicidal behaviors and strategies for positive outcomes
Attendees will leave the conference with strategies and tangible resources they can use for those they support.
See the brochure for the conference schedule, speakers, cost and stipend information.
Register online to attend. You can also register using the registration form included in the brochure.