Virtual – “Illinois Healthcare Coverage Options and Benefits Information for People With Disabilities”
A virtual conference for people with disabilities and their caregivers covering Illinois healthcare coverage options, important services and benefits
The Arc of Illinois Family to Family Health Information Center and Family Voices of Illinois is hosting “Illinois Healthcare Coverage Options and Benefits Information for People With Disabilities” via Zoom on Sept. 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Join experts from various state and federal programs to learn about topics including:
- Medicaid programs and the application process
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for children and youth with special healthcare needs (CYSHCN)
- Eligibility for adults with disabilities for SSI and Supplemental Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Programs for children with special healthcare needs
- Expanded access to mental health services
- Transition planning and services
The Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) will also help present. Our Home Care Family Outreach Associate Erica Stearns will share information and answer questions during the Medicaid Waivers for Children-Parent Stories panel. Erica is also the mother of two children on the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Individuals Who Are Medically Fragile Technology Dependent (MFTD).
The cost to attend the conference is:
- Members of The Arc – $80 per professional and $40 per self-advocate/family member.
- Non-members – $140 per professional and $75 per self-advocate/family member.
The Spanish session on September 19 is free (see the special note included on the conference schedule).
- Conference schedule and registration form in English
- Conference schedule and registration form in Spanish
Financial help (stipend) is available for families and self-advocates.
The Family to Family Health Information Center (F2FHIC) Stipend is for families with children up to age 21 with any disability and/or chronic illness:
Consumer Stipend Funds are for self-advocates over 21 and family members/guardians of a person over 21 with a developmental disability. More details are on The Arc of Illinois’ Consumer Stipend webpage.
Registered participants will receive a Zoom webinar link closer to the event date. Captioning will be available in both English and Spanish.
If you have questions, please contact The Arc of Illinois at (815) 464-1832.