“Understanding Your Child’s Disability” Parent Event in Springfield
Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
SASED Central School, 2500 Taylor Ave. , Springfield
A free parent education night for families with children with intellectual and developmental disabilities
The Sangamon Area Special Education District (SASED) is hosting “Understanding Your Child’s Disability” on Oct. 25 from 6 to 7 p.m.
The event will be at SASED Central School, 2500 Taylor Ave., in Springfield. You may also join the presentation via Zoom if you cannot attend in person.
Do you have questions about your child’s diagnosis or disability?
Would you like to know more about school services or interventions?
SASED school psychologists will provide the answers to these questions and more, including:
- What is the purpose and scope of a special education evaluation?
- What is eligibility for special education?
- How are decisions made about eligibility?
- What goes on at an Individualized Education Program (IEP) team meeting?
- What types of considerations, discussions and decisions must be made by the IEP team?
- How can I help and support my child in the home?
Refreshments and child care will be available.
Sign up online to attend.
If you need to attend virtually, please provide your email address. You can then receive a Zoom link to join.
Call (217) 786-3250, ext. 108, for more information.