Transition Summit: Focus on Housing in Hoffman Estates
Saturday, April 15, 2023, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Hoffman Estates Village Hall, 1900 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates
An event for families, educators, service providers and community members to learn about housing options for people with disabilities in Illinois
Connect to Community, in partnership with the Village of Hoffman Estates Commission for People with Disabilities and the Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO), invites you to the Transition Summit Focus on Housing on April 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This daylong event will provide information about a variety of housing options:
Topics will include:
- Housing Options in Illinois: Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA), Supportive Housing, Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) and more.
- An Introduction to Host Family CILAs and EP!C – Their Host Homes Program, one of the largest in Illinois, matches adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) with host families in their community of choice.
- One Family’s Story: Making Independent Living a Reality – Parent Vicki Niswander will share her family’s experience creating a home for their daughter.
- Creating Housing Options: The New Futures™ Initiative – a step-by-step process giving families supported living options in their own neighborhood.
- Independent Service Coordination (ISC) Agency Statewide Housing Navigator Pilot – A program designed to cultivate and pursue community-based, independent housing options for people with I/DD who are already in the waiver or newly selected from the PUNS list.
The registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch and seminar materials.
See the Transition Summit flyer for more details.
The general registration fee is $30. The professional registration fee with five hours of continuing education credits/professional development is $60.
Register online for the Transition Summit Focus on Housing. Space is limited. Registration closes on April 12.