The Arc of Illinois Living with Autism Conference in Lisle
Learn about issues to help families, professionals and individuals living with autism.
The Arc of Illinois Living with Autism Conference is scheduled for Oct. 3 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Lisle.
This conference will examine topics relating to a variety of issues that will help families, professionals and individuals living with autism. Scheduled speakers are:
- Derek Volk, author and father, will share his experiences raising a son on the autism spectrum.
- Dylan Volk, author, will share his life experience as a man with high-functioning autism.
- Mary Wrobel will cover language and communication skills for young children to adolescents, with examples and approaches for all abilities.
- Kathy Morris, will provide practical strategies you will be able to take back home and to work. It is a fun-packed keynote designed for parents, educators and therapists interested in providing supports to children and adolescents with autism, behavior disorders and other disabilities.
- TAP partnering agencies will speak about the services and unique programs they offer throughout the state.
The conference will also feature exhibitors and a silent auction.
Stipends are available for families and self-advocates. Continuing education units are available for professionals.