Cancelled – Southern Illinois Conference for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Carterville
Saturday, May 6, 2023, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
A free conference at multiple Illinois sites for parents of children who are deaf and hard of hearing and professionals
Southern Illinois families who live south of Interstate 70 are invited to attend the “South of I-70” Conference for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Carterville. The conference is on May 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Professionals who work with these children may also attend.
The conference topics will include:
- All about technology accessories
- Fostering joy
- Growing up deaf/hard of hearing
- Illinois services and supports
- Self-advocacy skills from school to home
General conference information to know:
- No childcare is available at this conference, but children aged 15 or older are welcome to participate.
- Please make Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation requests at least three weeks before the event date. American Sign Language interpreters will be available at all conferences.
- These conferences are parent safe, meaning they do not discuss the topics of amplification or communication choices. All families, regardless of the choices they have made, are encouraged to attend.
- Financial assistance may be available to help parents with travel, lodging and/or childcare costs.
- Illinois State Board of Education professional development and continuing education credit is available for professionals.
See the conference flyer for more details about all three events.