Canceled: South of I-80 Conference for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Springfield
Saturday, March 28, 2020, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
HSHS St. John’s Hospital, Dove Conference Center, 619 E. Mason St., Springfield
Note this event has been canceled.
Central Illinois families who live between interstates 80 and 70 are invited to attend the “South of I-80” Conference for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Springfield on March 28. Professionals who work with these children are also invited to attend.
The conference topics include:
- Educating students who are deaf/hard of hearing in different settings
- Special education law and advocacy
- Growing up deaf/hard of hearing
- Socialization skills for children who are deaf/hard of hearing
General conference information to know:
- No childcare is provided at this conference, but children age 15 or older are welcome to participate.
- Reasonable Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation requests must be made at least three weeks prior to the event date. American Sign Language interpreters are provided at all conferences.
- These conferences are parent safe, meaning the topic of amplification or communication choices is not discussed. All families, regardless of the choices they have made, are encouraged to attend.
- Parents. financial assistance may be available to help with travel, lodging and/or childcare costs.
- Professionals, Illinois State Board of Education PD and EI credit is available.
Additional details and registration information is available on the conference flyer.