Sensory-Friendly Performance of A Christmas Carol in Chicago
Monday, December 23, 2019, 2:00 pm
Goodman Theatre, 170 N Dearborn Street, Chicago
Sensory-friendly/relaxed performance for audience members with autism and other disabilities.
The Goodman Theatre presents the sensory-friendly/relaxed performance of “A Christmas Carol” at 2 p.m. on Nov. 23.
This performance is intended for patrons who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities and their families.
Patrons will also have access to resource materials, including social stories, story synopsis and a seating map, to prepare for their visit.
Tickets start at $15 with the promo code “SENSORY.” To purchase tickets, visit the theater’s Sensory-Friendly Performances webpage.
Accommodations for sensory-friendly/relaxed performances include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patrons’ needs