Virtual Support Group for Parents of Transition-Age Youth With Disabilities
A monthly, virtual support group for parents of youth ages 14-21 with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center’s (FMPTIC) virtual support group meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Parents of high-school-age students and young adults with disabilities are welcome to join this Zoom meeting.
Family Matters’ hosts will provide information on a specific topic and then open up the floor for discussion on anything parents may want to talk about that is related to the transition from school to adult life. Topics will include:
- The types of assessments available to determine interests and skills for employment
- Planning high school schedules to include needed courses of study
- Securing opportunities to learn job skills
- Job soft skills that are vital to obtaining and maintaining employment
- Community living
Click here to join the next meeting on Aug. 18 at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to enter the:
- Meeting ID: 819 6890 9155
- Passcode: 755018
The Aug. 18 meeting will focus on documenting transition plans and services in the Individualized Education Program (IEP).