Illinois School for the Visually Impaired Summer Camps in Jacksonville
Sunday, June 25, 2023, All Day
Illinois School for the Visually Impaired, 658 E. State Street, Jacksonville
An exciting learning adventure for Illinois students ages 9 to 19 who are blind and visually impaired
The Illinois School for the Visually Impaired (ISVI) will offer three camps from June 25-29 on the ISVI campus in Jacksonville..
Students from throughout Illinois can join an exciting learning adventure designed for their age group:
- Junior S.T.E.A.M. Camp is for ages 9 to 12. Discover and experience team-building activities that apply S.T.E.A.M. skills through games, fun activities, art and music.
- S.T.E.A.M. Camp is for ages 12 to 16. Students will problem-solve strategies using math, science, art and music skills, integrating technology and engineering.
- Transition to Independence is for ages 16 to 19. Plan your future by learning independent living skills that promote a successful transition to adulthood through nutrition, fitness, technology, employment skills and recreation.
Students who are visually impaired, ages 9 to 19, are eligible to attend the camp if they:
- Reside in Illinois
- Do not currently attend ISVI
- Are not high school graduates
- Have appropriate independent living skills
The cost is $15 per camper. Scholarships are available by calling Heather Staats at (217) 479-4447.
See the ISVI summer camp flyer for more details on all three sessions. For more information, contact Julie Evans at (217) 479-4446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 30 is the last day to request an application packet.