Illinois Health Care Coverage Options Conference in Alsip
Learn more about healthcare coverage options and benefits information for people with disabilities.
The Arc of Illinois Family-to-Family Health Information Center and Family Voices present the Illinois Health Care Coverage Options and Benefits Information conference on Sept. 12 in Alsip.
Conference sessions will include:
- Understanding SSI, SSDI, Medicare and Medicaid
- Spotlight on Family Advocacy and Leadership: Panel Discussion
- Update on Class Action Lawsuits and Children with Special Needs
- Navigating Your Options for Health Coverage
- Illinois Medicaid Update
- Family to Family – Brainstorming Ideas to Improve Healthcare Experiences for Individuals with I/DD
Division of Specialized Care for Children’s (DSCC) Executive Director Thomas Jerkovitz and Associate Director of Care Coordination Molly Hofmann will also present a session about how DSCC partners with families and communities to help children with special healthcare needs connect to services and resources.
There are two options for family/self-advocate stipends. Continuing education units will also be available.