Hybrid – The Arc of Illinois 73rd Annual Convention: Reimagining Expectations
An in-person and online (hybrid) convention for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, their families and providers
Join The Arc of Illinois for the 73rd Annual Convention: Reimagining Expectations on April 19 and 20.
There will be two full days of presentations and breakout sessions for online and in-person attendees. Sessions will begin each day at 9 a.m.
This year’s hybrid event will feature a virtual silent auction, art exhibit and exhibitor hall. Families, self-advocates and providers will also enjoy the 21 breakout session options and keynote speakers including:
- Dan and Samuel Habib on “My Disability Roadmap for an Inclusive Life”
- Marty Ford on “Federal Policy and Individual Advocacy – A Place for All”
Participants can choose from a variety of session topics in both English and Spanish:
- “What Adults with IDD Say about Sibling Support”
- “Descripción General del Seguro Social por Discapacidad Social y la Seguridad de Ingreso Suplementario”
- “Housing: Innovative Solutions for People with Developmental Disabilities”
- “Reimagining the IEP and Transition Process Without Intellectual Disability Bias”
- “Superando desafíos: recursos para ayudar a las familias a abogar”
- “Housing for You! The IL Statewide Referral Network”
Representatives from the Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) will also present about our programs and DSCC’s Family Advisory Council.
Virtual attendees will have access to the main session, keynotes, plenary and two tracks of breakout sessions.
Register online for the Reimagining Expectations convention. You can also download the convention registration form.
Self-advocates and families who need help with convention costs should contact the Consumer Involvement Program at The Arc of Illinois at (815) 464-1832.