Health Fair and Back-to-School Kick-Off in Chicago
Saturday, August 19, 2017, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Compassion Baptist Church, 2650 E. 95th St., Chicago
Health screenings, school supplies, education, live entertainment, games, food and giveaways
IlliniCare Health is hosting a Health Fair and Back-to-School Kick-Off on Aug. 19 at Compassion Baptist Church in Chicago. the event is free but families should click here to register.
Special guests will include U.S. Congresswoman Robin L. Kelly, Illinois’ 2nd Congressional District, and Alderman Greg Mitchell, Chicago’s 7th Ward.
Vendors will include:
- Walgreens will provide free flu shots (while supplies last) and blood pressure checks.
- Illinois Eye Institute will provide free visual checks. Free reading glasses will be handed out while supplies last.
- Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Mobile Dental Van will provide free dental screenings.
- Olive-Harvey Community College will be on-site and accepting applications.
- The Office of the Illinois State Treasurer will search for unclaimed properties, such as checking and savings accounts, uncashed wage and payroll checks, refund checks, money orders, court deposits, credit balances, etc.
- Bronzeville Children’s Museum “You Are What You Eat” exhibit will teach attendees about healthy eating and working out while having fun.
- Malcolm X College Massage Therapy Program will provide free massages.