Día de los Muertos Xicágo / Day of the Dead Celebration in Chicago
Saturday, October 28, 2023, 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
National Museum of Mexican Art, 1852 W. 19th St., Chicago
Celebrate the Day of the Dead enjoying live music, performances and art activities!
The National Museum of Mexican Art invites you to “Día de los Muertos Xicágo!” on Oct. 28 from 3 to 8 p.m.
Come experience a beautiful Day of the Dead celebration! The museum is transforming its surroundings into a beautiful space to remember our loved ones.
Guests will enjoy:
- Ofrendas created by community members
- Live musical performances
- Art activities
- A large, illuminated photo memorial
Entertainment will also include seeing multidisciplinary artist Fabiola Rivera painting a beautiful Day of the Dead-themed mural outdoors on the west side of the museum and:
- Trio Los Primos de Mexico at 3 p.m.
- CASA Folkloric and music performances at 4 p.m.
- “Xantolo” dance and music at 5 p.m.
- Los Gallos at 7 p.m.
See the flyer for more details.
The event is free and open to the public. The event will take place rain or shine.