Community Services Resource Fair in Plano
Saturday, March 4, 2023, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Emily G. Johns School, 430 Mitchell Drive, Plano
A free, resource fair for people with disabilities and their families to help with transition and future planning
The fair will be at Emily G. Johns School, 430 Mitchell Drive, in Plano.
This is a free opportunity to learn about a wide variety of community services and hear from speakers including:
- Behavior Specialist Lauren Cline at 10 a.m. on handling tough behaviors
- Attorney Chuck Rose at 11 a.m. on guardianship, special needs trusts and ABLE accounts
Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) team members will be at the fair to explain our programs and services. The fair will also include local representatives for the following services:
- Housing and independent living options
- Government benefits, such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Post-secondary education
- Recreation opportunities
- Guardianship declarations
Registration is not required.