This event has been canceled – Central Illinois Conference for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Springfield
Saturday, April 15, 2023, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This event has been canceled. Registration for North of Eighty (Wood Dale) on April 29 and South of Seventy (Carterville) on May 6 remains open.
Please A free conference at multiple Illinois sites for parents of children who are deaf and hard of hearing and professionals
Central Illinois families who live between interstates 80 and 70 are invited to attend the “South of I-80” Conference for Parents of Parents of Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Springfield. The conference is on April 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Professionals who work with these children may also attend.
The conference topics will include:
- All about technology accessories
- Fostering joy
- Growing up deaf and hard of hearing
- Illinois services and supports
- Self-advocacy skills from school to home
General conference information to know:
- No childcare is available at this conference, but children aged 15 or older are welcome to participate.
- Please make Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation requests at least three weeks before the event date. American Sign Language interpreters will be available at all conferences.
- These conferences are parent safe, meaning they do not discuss the topics of amplification or communication choices. All families, regardless of the choices they have made, are encouraged to attend.
- Financial assistance may be available to help parents with travel, lodging and/or childcare costs.
- Illinois State Board of Education professional development and continuing education credit is available for professionals.
See the conference flyer for more details about all three events.