Camp Little Giant Lillypads Overnight Camp
Sunday, June 18, 2023, All Day
Touch of Nature Environmental Center, 1206 Touch of Nature Road, Makanda
A camp tailored to the needs of children and youth ages 9 to 13 who need more attention than a traditional camp may offer
Join Camp Little Giant for Lillypads Camp from June 18 to 23. Check-in is Sunday afternoon. Check-out is Friday afternoon.
The camp is located on the shores of Little Grassy Lake near the Shawnee National Forest.
The Lillypads camp experience is for children and youth ages 9 to 13 who struggle in social spheres and need a little more attention than a traditional camp may offer. Campers with autism, generalized anxiety, ADHD or social anxiety are welcome. A diagnosis is not needed to attend.
Lillypads, which is not a medical/treatment/therapy-based camp, focuses on:
- Helping campers build friendships
- Nurturing social growth
- Enjoying traditional camp activities
Lillypads may be a good fit for campers who:
- Enjoy small groups and predictable environments
- Need support with homesickness
- Become uncomfortable with transitions and unexpected changes in schedule
- Are uneasy about trying new activities
- Are learning how to be part of a social group or need support learning how to be part of a social group
To learn if the camp is a good fit for your child, see the Lillypads essential eligibility criteria.
The cost is $750 per camper. For financial aid or more information, contact email@example.com or (618) 453-1121.
To register, visit the Camp Little Giant website.