Camp Lions Session III “Deaf Week” in Central Illinois
Sunday, July 15, 2018, All Day
East Bay Camp, 24248 Ron Smith Memorial Highway, Hudson
Fun camp experience for deaf and hard-of-hearing youth.
Camp Lions’ mission is for the overall growth of the individual camper in self-confidence, knowledge, independence, leadership and creativity through a recreational experience geared to individual abilities, from the beginning camper to the returning veteran.
The third session is “Deaf Week” and is scheduled for July 15-21 at East Bay Camp. Located on the northeast end of Lake Bloomington, this site offers canoeing, pontoon boat rides, archery, team challenge courses, nature crafts, cookouts around the fire, a dance and more. The camp features a beach party and camp talent show.
To be eligible to attend Camp Lions a camper must:
- Blind/Partially sighted: have a visual acuity of 20/70 after best correction; or be legally blind; and/or be a person who is:
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing: have an auditory loss that required daily use of sign language, lipreading, and/or daily use of a hearing aid or cochlear implant
- Be between the ages of 7 to 17 years old
- Be independent in all personal care without assistance
- Be independently mobile on campgrounds
For more information and to register, visit https://lionsofillinoisfoundation.org/camp-lions.html.