Camp Lions for the Blind and Deaf – Session V in Southern Illinois
Sunday, July 29, 2018, All Day
Camp Manitowa, 12770 N. Benton Rd., Benton
Fun activities for ages 7 to 17.
Camp Lions’ mission is for the overall growth of the individual camper in self-confidence, knowledge, independence, leadership and creativity through a recreational experience geared to individual abilities, from the beginning camper to the returning veteran.
The fifth session is scheduled for July 29 to Aug. 4 at Camp Manitowa.
This camp features water sports, fishing, high ropes challenges, ga-ga ball, basketball, beeper & baseball, archery, swimming, boating, tubing, fishing, arts & crafts, cookouts and s’ mores, a talent night and more. Campers have the opportunity to stay in cabins or possibly in Yurts (a type of tent with lattice supports on the inside).
To be eligible to attend Camp Lions a camper must:
- Blind/Partially sighted: have a visual acuity of 20/70 after best correction; or be legally blind; and/or be a person who is:
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing: have an auditory loss that required daily use of sign language, lipreading, and/or daily use of a hearing aid or cochlear implant
- Be between the ages of 7 to 17 years old
- Be independent in all personal care without assistance
- Be independently mobile on campgrounds
For more information and to register, visit https://lionsofillinoisfoundation.org/camp-lions.html.