2023 DeafBlind Midwest Transition Institute in St. Louis
Thursday, July 13, 2023, All Day
Webster University, 470 E. Lockwood Ave. , St. Louis
A camp focusing on planning life after high school for teens ages 16 to 22 who have hearing and vision loss
Join the DeafBlind Midwest Transition Institute (MTI) for the 2023 Midwest Transition Institute (MTI) on July 13 to 17. Arrival day and mentor/staff preparation is July 13. MTI activities kick off on July 14.
MTI is a transition camp for teens from across the Midwest who are deafblind. Participants will be with other teenagers and young adults who share similar life experiences and communication styles.
The week will include:
- Hanging out with other teens who have hearing and vision loss
- Staying in the Webster University dorms
- Enjoying a waterslide, outdoor play and other recreational activities
MTI is open to youth and young adults ages 16 to 22 who are deafblind. Participants must also be:
- Language users (with or without devices)
- Able to engage in group activities for at least 30 minutes at a time
- Able to stay overnight in a dorm-type setting
See the MTI flyer for more details.
Register for the Midwest Transition Institute 2023. Space is limited.